Visit the churches of France – Michelin
France is home to an exceptional religious heritage, bearing witness to the Christian faith and the genius of the artists and builders of yesteryear. Whether Romanesque, Gothic, classical or even contemporary, these churches and abbeys are landmarks of the region.
With this book, discover the most beautiful churches in France:
– A selection of 220 churches and abbeys by region
– Michelin Green Guide star rating (1, 2 or 3 stars)
– For each location: main architectural features, history of the monument, anecdotes, etc.
– Pictorial and chronological references to help you understand the architectural period
– Abside, narthex, transept… a glossary of terms to help you understand church architecture
– Over 300 illustrations
Visit exceptional places to discover France!
Format : 18 x 23 cm